Thursday, October 9, 2008

Welcome Roger Ort!

Hello! My name is Roger Ort, and I am the new 4-H program assistant. I am also the consumer horticulture program educator here at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Schuyler County. My family and I moved to Schuyler County in 1999, from York County PA. My family is my lovely wife Maria and our four children. I have worked in the Greenhouse and Garden center business for 28 years. After moving to Bradford NY., I became active in the American Livestock Breeds Conservancy. Now our farm hosts numerous rare breeds of sheep, cattle, goats, poultry, waterfowl and rabbits. We also do heirloom varieties of vegetables on the farm that we keep from year to year.

I will be active in Horticulture and Animal Science here at CCE. I will plan many workshops and plan to meet as many people as I can to help our communities.

In the near future we are planning a community garden to benefit our head start program. Also we need to get the Master Gardener program back in our county. Please e-mail at rlo28@cornell.edu for any concerns, insects, diseases and other topics that I can help with. Or call 1-607-535-7161 ext. 3227 asks for Roger.

No comments: